Norths V Parra, Round 4, Sunday 7th April 1985.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrybear
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Norths V Parra, Round 4, Sunday 7th April 1985. Reply with quote

given we're tackling this lot tomorrow - i was at this game as a squid at NSO, it wasn't particularly significant but it is seared in my memory - it was easter sunday i think, my brother's 9th birthday and he was mad for the bears so his birthday wish was to cart on down for the game wearing his new avco era kit.

a blazing hot day, and we were more than competitive, but got sunk 8-6, conlon kept slipping over on attempting conversions. there was some midget parra bogan there who got in our faces, and some scrappy old bears supporters wearing hats made from KB beer cartons.

the memories!
Bearhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have money on it I was there somewhere....can't remember it though.

Do remember the year later against Parra at PArra Stadium on a Monday night in the freezing cold, being a lone Bear up in the grandstand with my massive flag covering about 30 seats, and the game was synonomous for the two massive hits Jonesy pulled off - one bone rattler that left Mr Perpertual Motion in a state of Perpetual Delerium. The other was on Geoff Bugden I think.

The match was close and the Bears won 12 - 8. Graham Murchie and Gregg Lennon (couldn't he run!!!) tries, Paul Conlon 2/3. Earlier in the year the Bears lost 9-10 to Parra but outscored them 2 tries to 1.

Parra went on to win the Preniership and we certainly had the wood on them.

Bears got knocked out in a tragic semi playoff with Balmain when we had a much weakened side.
angrybear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

23 years to the day - forgot to remind my brother this morn as i phoned him happy returns.

the 86 match - vaguely, i remember jones' hits but i would have seen it on the box or highlights coz there is now way my olds would have carted us off to the dirty west on a monday night. not even with the prospect of seeing singo's piss weak monday night mascot 'wacka the emu'.
kjwbea
Bears Fan
Bears Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gregg Lennon (couldn't he run!!!)

I heard a while back that Gregg Lennon died young from cancer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: 1908 - 1999 All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: