Are you a Football club member? Become one!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
girvie
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Are you a Football club member? Become one! Reply with quote

There is no better time than now to become a member of the North Sydney Bears football club.

Application form:
http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/membership.html

http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/documents-nsbw/documents-membership-nsbw/NSDRLFCNewMembershipForm2009.pdf

Last edited by girvie on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Bearhead
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, should be being processed now.

Come on everyone, join up and lets whip this beast up towards its former glory Exclamation

Lets get numbers right up.

BEARhead
GrizzlyDan
Bear Cub

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I signed up for my 3 year membership today.

I must admit, It felt good faxing it through and feeling like I was contributing in some form to the Bears cause. I couldn't concentrate on my work until I sent it through, I have been so hyped up since watching the game against Balmain on Sunday - it brought back such fantastic memories of the 80's and 90's. I have missed it.

Let's do it people. Sign up your partners, your ex-partners, your neighbours, your butchers, pharmacists and even the kids and grandkids you don't have yet!
gowiththeflo
Bear Troll
Bear Troll

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

already done, and will be signing up my father as well.
Clown Bear
Bear Cub

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will join and encourage others with a beating heart or throbbing vein to hop on board...

The Clown Bear
cnbhs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSDRLFC MEMBER NO.66, re signed for another 3 years
norths_makin11
Full Time Bear
Full Time Bear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that reminds me to send me memebership off hhhmmm chop chop
MayMoo
Grizzly Bear
Grizzly Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girvie, there are typos on those forms that I believe have been corrected.

Can you update the links as I think the forms on the official site have now been fixed.
girvie
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an article that points out the value of becoming a member.

I urge all Bears supporters to sign up and become members of the club.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/articles/2008/07/18/1216163161548.html?feed=fairfaxdigitalxml

Quote:
Clubs drive home point
GREG PRICHARD
19/07/2008 12:24:33 AM

THE increasing financial pressure on the game has led to South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson urging all clubs to embrace membership drives as their greatest potential saviour.

Richardson's declaration comes at a time when one of the NRL's biggest stars, Mark Gasnier, has been lost to French rugby union because league could not attract enough money to keep him, and clubs, including Parramatta, are being forced to cut their spending on infrastructure because of the effect of increased poker machine taxes on the leagues clubs that support them.

The game in New Zealand is also searching for ways to strengthen its position, with the NZ Rugby League yesterday announcing the formation of a committee to undertake an independent review of the game's governance and administration.

The bid to convince league fans to adopt the membership concept, which is one of the greatest strengths of the AFL, is being supported by other high-profile officials within the game, including Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg and NRL boss David Gallop.

Richardson is adamant there is nothing to stop NRL clubs from being just as successful in attracting paying members as the AFL has since its concerted membership drive began to take off in the mid-1980s.

"Membership is the most important element we can use to ensure the financial survival of the clubs and the game," Richardson said yesterday. "People think membership has always been a big factor in the AFL, but it wasn't always the case.

"That code began a concerted membership drive in the mid-1980s and once it took off the numbers have just kept going up ever since. The AFL has about 570,000 members across its clubs now, compared to about 75,000 in the NRL.

"We're obviously a long way behind at this stage, but the great thing for our game is that there is huge potential for us to make up those numbers �c It's about changing the mentality of the fans, when it comes to how they support their club. The AFL did it and so can we. It has already started. The league membership has gone up significantly in the last couple of years. Here at Souths we've got 6640 members now, compared to less than 2000 about 18 months ago. We've been working to convince the fans that if they want to play a genuine role in the club going forward, then membership is the best way.

"Membership means that a supporter is a season ticket-holder. Plus, there are side benefits �c where the members can come and mix with the team. It is guaranteed money for the football club and it creates a sense of genuine involvement for the supporter. If a Souths fan pulls me aside and starts arguing about things related to the club, the first thing I say to them is, 'Are you a member?' If they're not, then I don't really want to discuss the issues with them, because they don't have a stake in the club."

The Bulldogs have a membership drive with the motto of '10,000 by 2010'. Greenberg admits it is a big aim, but he says there is no point in thinking small when it comes to trying to strengthen the club's position in a crowded Sydney marketplace.

"We, as clubs, need to continue to get away from our reliance on poker machine revenue and the only significant way in which we can do that is by increasing our membership," Greenberg said.

"The Swans are an AFL club, but more importantly they are a Sydney club and they have got close to 30,000 members. There is nothing to stop us, as league clubs, from dramatically increasing our membership and adding a considerable amount to our revenue that way."

Gallop said the NRL was lending "increasing resources" to the membership drive, which he described as "the next big phase in the game's resurgence".
Fintan O'Laighin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane Richardson wrote:
Membership means that a supporter is a season ticket-holder.

That's not true, there are various types of membership. South Sydney offers "Ticketed Memberships" are season tix, but also has "Regional Memberships" for people 100km from Sydney (it give admission to 5 home games) and "Supporter Memberships" which is what I have (only because of the link with North Sydney).

Having got that out of the way, encouraging supporters to become members is an easy form of income. South Sydney has picked up an easy $100 from me. My partner is a member of Hawthorn and every year buys at least one thing from the catalogue of merchandise she gets sent. She's not particularly rabid, but she likes the idea of supporting her club. She wouldn't be receiving the catalogue if she wasn't a member. NRL and AFL clubs can offer their members more than North Sydney can, but NS has a good range of things on offer. The merchandise it has for sale at games and on-line is great - see http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/Bears%20Club/Merchandise.htm. The more members, the greater pool of resources, hence the more things that can be offered. (And no, I'm not on commission.)
Rowdy
Junior Bear
Junior Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in till 31/10/13
also joined my family, Self, wife & 2 boys with the CCBears
cnbhs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rowdy wrote:
I'm in till 31/10/13
also joined my family, Self, wife & 2 boys with the CCBears

welcome aboard.
Serendipity
Bears Fan
Bears Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click Here https://memberdesq.onesporttechnology.com/2594/org to Support the North Sydney Bears in 2016
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: