ISP, Round 6, Sun 10th April v NZ Warriors @ NSO @ 1PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: Upcoming Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serendipity
Bears Fan
Bears Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIELSON ON STORM’S RADAR
RLW
11 April 2016

The Storm continue to scour the NRL for outside backs following long-term injuries to Billy Slater and several other top liners.

And the latest player they are looking at is one of their own – former Queensland State of Origin centre Dane Nielsen.

A league journeyman, Nielsen is currently on Souths’ books, playing for feeder team North Sydney in the NSW Cup.

But Nielsen played his best football in his five seasons at the Storm from 2008 to 2012 and it was there that he won his three Origin caps for Queensland.

Bellamy believes getting an experienced player back who knows his club’s systems would be an advantage coming into the demanding State of Origin period.
Serendipity
Bears Fan
Bears Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan O'Laighin wrote:
Thanks for the updated team list. I've been listening to Triple H on line since 12:30PM with no problems, but the stream dropped out at 12:56 - I assume the link to the commentary box isn't working. Sad

Triple H had the exact same thing happen last year. It's such a shame because I am sure people in NZ also wanted to hear the game call.

You'd think if they knew last year didn't work that they would come and test it before the game.
Serendipity
Bears Fan
Bears Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Massey Cup Rd 6 Results

Concord-Burwood 34 (A Booth 2, B Gregorius, J Uluibau, J Flint, K Seru tries; A Booth 3, S Williams 2 goals) def Blacktown 30 (M Filino 2, A Pritchard, D Parata, J Tangitaw tries; K Horton 4, C Aekins goals)

St Marys 36 (L Nadurutalo 3, B Naden, G Daniela, S Tuigamala, L Aiono tries; J Buttfield 4 goals) def Asquith 28 (A O'Neil 2, A Miski, E Lee, J Dokonivalu tries; A Miski 4 goals)
Fintan O'Laighin
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Buxton wrote:
..... to decrease the deficit to 20-12.

The comeback looked on, until a Bears pass off the kick-off set found the turf, and Warriors five-eighth Ata Hingano put it on his boot multiple times towards the line, and eventually picked it up to score.

This sounds like the same sort of sloppiness that killed our momentum in the game against Mounties - in that game, our roll was stopped with a play the ball penalty in our quarter which gifted the Mounties field position and which led to a try shortly after.

Serendipity wrote:
Fintan O'Laighin wrote:
.... I've been listening to Triple H on line since 12:30PM with no problems, but the stream dropped out at 12:56 - I assume the link to the commentary box isn't working. :-(

Triple H had the exact same thing happen last year. It's such a shame because I am sure people in NZ also wanted to hear the game call.

You'd think if they knew last year didn't work that they would come and test it before the game.

It's disappointing but I won't bag community radio - it can be pretty under-resourced. Generally, Triple H and the other stations do a great job. There was about 25 mins of commentary.
Serendipity
Bears Fan
Bears Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan O'Laighin wrote:
It's disappointing but I won't bag community radio - it can be pretty under-resourced. Generally, Triple H and the other stations do a great job. There was about 25 mins of commentary.

They do a wonderful job, and Triple H is always perfect for RM Cup Broadcasts, they just don't seem to get it right at NSO.
The broadcast is really important for the fans, so it needs to be resolved.

We can all relax for a week because of the BYE and then Round 8 at ANZ Stadium against the Bulldogs, on Sat 23/04/2016 which will be a TV broadcast on Fox Sports 1 at 12:40 PM. Very Happy
Serendipity
Bears Fan
Bears Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HIGHLIGHTS | ISP NSW Rd 6
Tue 12th April, 10:30AM

Beast Mode Bears
The North Sydney Bears pulled off this INCREDIBLE four-pointer!
Just one of many scintillating tries from Round 6 of the Intrust Super Premiership NSW.

Quote:
Oldfield displayed a combination of fancy footwork and slick hands to set up the Bears first try, and what was the try of the afternoon. Oldfield darted down the left sideline, danced around the winger, cut-through another and threw an incredible offload for Dane Nielsen to run away and score under the posts.

Off the kick-off set, Oldfield was at it again and his individual brilliance had the North Sydney locals on their feet. He showed incredible skill and pace broke through the defensive line once again, eventually passed to Siosifa Talakai, who ran away and gave it off for Brad Dietz to decrease the deficit to 20-12.

Watch from 7 Minute Mark

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/04/12/highlights_isp_nsw_r.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: Upcoming Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: