Reserve Grade players lists 70's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bundybear
Bear Cub

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:49 am    Post subject: Reserve Grade players lists 70's Reply with quote

Newbie here, im trying to ascertain some information about a family member who played Reserve Grade in the early 70's. I notice all the team lists are 1st grade only.

Any advice on where I could look? even like old score sheets or the like?

TIA
Fintan O'Laighin
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard bundybear!

If your family member played in the early 1970s, "Rugby League News" would be a good start. If you're in Sydney, the NSW State Library holds copies (make sure you get the series published by the N.S.W. Rugby Football League from 1920-73 - there are other publications with the same name). RLN was retitled "Big League" from 1974 onwards. The library also holds "Rugby League Week".

I'm pretty sure that annual reports of the NS football club (as opposed to the Leagues Club) have details of lower grade players, including photos. I don't know where to get them however.

What's your family member's name? Perhaps people here will have details.

chelseabree has posted some images from old mags in the "1908-1999" part of this forum - see www.mightybears.com/viewforum.php?f=5. At least one has a Reserve Grade team list this post also includes an excerpt from the "Rugby League Week Annual" which has point scorers for the season:

* North Sydney v St George, 18th Aug 1974 www.mightybears.com/viewtopic.php?t=4932:

kjwbea
Bears Fan
Bears Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that annual reports of the NS football club (as opposed to the Leagues Club) have details of lower grade players, including photos. I don't know where to get them however.

I know at one stage Jeff Simmonds was handling the archives. About 10 years ago I rang the Leagues club about archival footage and they put me through to him.

I think he had an office in there. Not sure if he still does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: