Retro Round - Andrew Voss On The Norths Jersey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serendipity
Bears Fan
Bears Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Retro Round - Andrew Voss On The Norths Jersey Reply with quote

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/vote-what-is-rugby-leagues-best-retro-jersey/news-story/a3f2a27c11c44249d35b154fb5c9edd3
Vote: What Is Rugby League's Best Retro Jersey?
Fatima Kdouh
The Daily Telegraph
July 29, 2016 4:20pm

Quote:
IT'S Retro Round, which means a journey back to a time where mullets flowed as free as the beers at fulltime in the sheds.

Fox Sports commentator Andrew Voss is a big fan of the old-school jerseys.

"As a kid I was a collector of jerseys," Voss said.

"I always saved up my pocket money to buy jerseys and the first jersey I ever bought was a North Sydney jumper."

Voss singled out the North Sydney Bears jersey from the mid-1970s as his favourite "for simplicity".

"Just hoops, no sponsorship, no logo — it was just a black bear — and you put your own number on it or you got some electrical tape and made a number.

"The simple jumpers were the best. They had collars, they were long-sleeved and they were loose.

"If you tackled another kid in the backyard game you could pull the jumper and stretch it."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: