LOYALTY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northy
Bear Cub

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: LOYALTY Reply with quote

G'day Norths supporters. Here are my personal beliefs based on a lifetime of loyalty to the North Sydney Bears.

Firstly, you never leave the ground early or turn off the TV or radio before full-time. You must stay and see the game through to full time regardless of the score.

Secondly, you must do this because, in order to appreciate the good times, you have to endure the bad times.

Thirdly, when you talk about your team always say "my" or "we" or "us". You go on a journey with your team, you carry them in your heart and in your soul. You belong to them as they do to you. These words indicate ownership, possession and, therefore, you have drawn a line in the sand regarding your loyalty and commitment. How can you say "we won" and the following week say "they lost"?

Fourthly, never ever give up on your team. Don't swap teams. Remain loyal ALL your life and never quit. I can cop criticism from "loyal" opposition supporters, but the criticism that I could not handle was that from those people who swapped teams in their lives. I have nothing but contempt for them. For me, my loyalty is summed up in my favourite saying: Good things come to those who wait, but greater things happen to those who are loyal.

I have a 9 year old son who is a fully-fledged signed-up member of the Sydney Roosters. He chose his own team with no input from me. I said to him that you cannot choose a team from reason or common sense; it has to come from the heart because that is where true loyalty lies.

I lived in a family of ten: there were 5 Saints supporters, two Wests supporters and one each for Balmain and Parramatta. I was the only one who supported a real team, the only sensible, normal person in an insane family. The rest were all misguided fools. Yet as the years rolled by, they all lost interest in rugby league, one even committing the unpardonable sin of swapping St George for Cronulla. Yet through it all I stayed loyal. I watched my team make the semis, went through the Super League War, the merger with Manly before being kicked out of the competition. But despite that, one thing has never wavered, never changed, and that is my love for my North Sydney Bears.

When people say to me, "Don't worry, it's only a game" I would reply, "If it's only a game, can you explain to me why it hurts so bloody much?" I read your comments and can feel your pain, anger, frustration and disappointment. So I send this message to you Norths supporters and urge you to stay loyal and encourage you never to quit and "hang in there."

I have never felt like I suffer as a Norths supporter. That's because I am proud that I am loyal and I wear my Norths jumper with pride. For me the glass is always half-full, loyalty makes the world go round, and loyal fans make rugby league The Greatest Game of All. To you loyal supporters of the MIGHTY NORTH SYDNEY BEARS - I salute you!
djmac
Bears Fan
Bears Fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loyalty is Right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pus6XF_qh38
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: