Norths Leagues Club AGM - 22nd May

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: Upcoming Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
girvie
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Norths Leagues Club AGM - 22nd May Reply with quote

AGM Notice
http://www.norths.com.au/media/Agm2006%20notice%20V5%20final.pdf

To see the current and proposed constitutions go here: http://www.norths.com.au/default.aspx?id=152

Who is going?

How does the new constitution affect the Bears?
Jeffles
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the board is being expanded from 7 to 8 and 2 of the 8 have to live more than 200km from Cammeray. This is so that 2 reps from Seagulls Club can join the Board. So there will be one less Sydney based member of the Board but the number of Bears reps on the board does not change. 2 directors must also be directors of the Bears. I don't now what end this is coming from. Does it mean that 2 NSLC members get thrust onto the NSRLFC board or will 2 NSRLFC directors get a spot on the NSLC board. Either way, whoever is in this position is legally obliged to advance both clubs.

I have said for a long time that the Bears will improve relations with the Leagues Club if they involve it more. Having more functions at the leagues Club and the Bowling Club will improve the reputation of the football club. To their credit, the football club is doing this more. I think the Bowling Club would be a great post match venue for home games at NSO. I'd shut the exit gates that back out onto Miller St and make people exit near the Bowling Club.

I don't really have time to examine the whole thing. Hopefully the Bears run their eyes over it.

I'd suggest as many Bears fans as possible go to the NSLC meeting - in club colours even. Show them that you are there to be counted and that football is still important. Don't make the mistake of just expecting them to do the right thing by you.
Fintan O'Laighin

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffles wrote:
I'd shut the exit gates that back out onto Miller St and make people exit near the Bowling Club.

I made a similar comment recently when I was talking with a couple of people (both posters on TMB) about using the Bowling Club as a pre- and post-match venue. We should stop using the entrance that we're currently using and steer people towards the entrance near the Bowling Club.
B4L
Weekend Bear
Weekend Bear

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan O'Laighin wrote:
Jeffles wrote:
I'd shut the exit gates that back out onto Miller St and make people exit near the Bowling Club.

I made a similar comment recently when I was talking with a couple of people (both posters on TMB) about using the Bowling Club as a pre- and post-match venue. We should stop using the entrance that we're currently using and steer people towards the entrance near the Bowling Club.

Yeah and maybe get both gates open but use a huge sign pointing to and advertising the Bears leagues club.
Fintan O'Laighin

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the crowd isnt big enough to warrant both gates being open and it would be good to direct as many as possible people towards the BC. It's only a short walk between the entrances, and in any event there is more parking along the BC street than Miller Street. Perhaps the sign on the gate that's currently used could also mention that lunches and drinks are available at the BC? A pre-match special perhaps - maybe we could organise 10% discount vouchers that could be redeemed at the BC either on the day or by the date of NS's next home game? I'm going to today's game, and I've talked myself into getting there early to allow time to get to the BC for a drink at least beforehand.
girvie
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffles wrote:
I have said for a long time that the Bears will improve relations with the Leagues Club if they involve it more. Having more functions at the leagues Club and the Bowling Club will improve the reputation of the football club. To their credit, the football club is doing this more. I think the Bowling Club would be a great post match venue for home games at NSO. I'd shut the exit gates that back out onto Miller St and make people exit near the Bowling Club.

I think the Bears have improved their relationship with the Leagues club since Hans Sarlemyn became the CEO.

I think the players have been going back to the Leagues club after each home game.

And this year the Bears are having their State of Origin night and Team of the Century dinner at the Leagues Club.
Jeffles

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone go tonight? How was it?
girvie
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffles wrote:
Did anyone go tonight? How was it?

I went.

It was a pretty quick AGM.

The new constitution was passed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: Upcoming Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: