1910 norths junior clubs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodiaks
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: 1910 norths junior clubs Reply with quote

OK I have located something special, but still have to scan, it's the 1910 Norths junior league Premiers original team photo.the premiership was won by NBFC. I am assuming this is Neutral Bay Football Club, featuring Norths foundation 1 st grade Player A Costa as Captain

the other teams listed in 1910 were
Crows Nest.

All Blacks (which I also located an original team photo from 1910 featuring future Norths 1st grade player Charles Hurlstone)

Berrys Bay

Elliot Brothers

Rozelle Waratah,

sadly some of the stats have been ripped off over the years but the photo even though old is complete and all players and names in tact.,I'll have scanned and when this is done I'll put up for all to see

the photo has Club Record but missing tries and goals, what I can see is just the numbers, 10 ; 7 ;1; and 2...I assume tries, goals, field goals

then it has competition points 16..it's a gem, the photo studio(Royal Studios) was at 187 Miller Street North Sydney.

love to of had whole complete.. but very lucky to have this, I'm thinking is this the first year of North Sydney Junior clubs.. 1910. it really is a gem of a find.

Last edited by Kodiaks on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kodiaks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/15149700?searchTerm=neutral bay rugby league&searchLimits=

infact it was definitley Neutral Bay who won the 1910 premiership,.the article names them here in 1910..

also of interest is the article above of the Metropolis side (City) V England.. 2 Norths players on standby.. a read the match review the next day in the paper.. this was a bloody affair, with lots of fights on the ground..

also notice future Norths Player Owie Sherritt is playing for crows nest.

Last edited by Kodiaks on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:25 am; edited 2 times in total
cnbhs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll update some of the other posts re juniors teams/winners when i get more time.

I'll put scans up of the Annuals, i have, starting with 1927, 1928 and 1946 in about two weeks, 1946 being very interesting because it has all the MW stuff just before they kicked off in 1947.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: 1908 - 1999 All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: