2016 Rd3 vs Stealers @ Mar Sat 19th
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: Upcoming Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
092016
Full Time Bear
Full Time Bear


Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 113

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: 2016 Rd3 vs Stealers @ Mar Sat 19th Reply with quote

Its four days out from the game and the Official Bears site has TBC as the time of day this game of play so Im not 100% on the kick off time. I believe its 3pm.

Sorry to bitch and grandstand but I believe its a point worth highlighting. The OFFICIAL site does not even have the official game time ready under a week til game time. (This isnt the quslity I'd expect of a FG Squad. I apologise to the Bears IT staff they are probably resource limited, no offense)...

This weeks team is
1) Tom Hughes
2) Tautalatasi Tasi
3) Dane Nielsen
4) Ed Murphy (c)
5) Bernard Gregorius
6) Riley Travers
7) Eli Levido
8 ) Clayton Williams
9) Brad Dietz
10) Toby Rudolf
11) Jack Gosiewski
12) Patrice Siolo
13) Cheyne Whitelaw

14) Piki Rogers
15) Jack Siejka
16) Fred Junior Muala
17) Brock Gray
18 ) Abbas Miski


Tom Hughes has switched from wing to fullback, Michael Oldfield is on an extended bench for Souths.

This opens up the wing spot for Tautalatasi Tasi to step up.

Dane Nielsen is again named at centre though hasn't played the last two weeks despite being named. If he plays it'll be his Bears debut.

A new halves pairing of Riley Travers and Eli Levido. Travers has been 14 on the interchange the last two weeks. This leads to Piki Rogers going onto the bench at 14.

A new starting props pairing also. Jokatama Dokinavalu is not named and Jack Siejka is on the bench. Clay Williams who has played on the bench the last two games starts and Toby Rudolf is a new name to the Bears, he's had a limited time in Souths u20s after switching from Union.

Gosiewski is back and will be pushing for a spot in FG at some stage.

Brock Gray also steps back up from Souths u20s to the Bears.

Miski gets named again at 18 though has played in the backline this season for Bears already.

Give these guys especially the new props a big hand. Make some noise and pump them up! They gotta make an in road before the others fire.


FEEDER TEAMS Bears players

--Bulls--
7 DEVON MAKAORE BOYCE
16 EDEN SYME

--Wolves--
3 SCOTT WILLIAMS

--Asquith--
16 DEAN PARATA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Serendipity
Bears Fan
Bears Fan


Joined: 29 Sep 2007
Posts: 953

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
girvie
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 4591
Location: Killara

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 Rd3 vs Stealers @ Mar Sat 19th Reply with quote

092016 wrote:
A new starting props pairing also. Jokatama Dokinavalu is not named and Jack Siejka is on the bench. Clay Williams who has played on the bench the last two games starts and Toby Rudolf is a new name to the Bears, he's had a limited time in Souths u20s after switching from Union.

Toby Rudolph was part of the Bears SG Ball train-on squad in 2014 in the same team as John Olive and Jacob McCudden. However he wasn't in the final squad, perhaps dropping out due to school pressure - as Scots are quite strict. I heard he was a standout last weekend in U20s so looking forward to see how he goes on the weekend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
092016
Full Time Bear
Full Time Bear


Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 113

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These pics of the squad are genius.

Another positive idea Bears.

Its hard for some if they dont see the players enough to know who's who when watching the game live.

This helps a lot! Thankyou!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
092016
Full Time Bear
Full Time Bear


Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 113

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 Rd3 vs Stealers @ Mar Sat 19th Reply with quote

girvie wrote:
092016 wrote:
A new starting props pairing also. Jokatama Dokinavalu is not named and Jack Siejka is on the bench. Clay Williams who has played on the bench the last two games starts and Toby Rudolf is a new name to the Bears, he's had a limited time in Souths u20s after switching from Union.

Toby Rudolph was part of the Bears SG Ball train-on squad in 2014 in the same team as John Olive and Jacob McCudden. However he wasn't in the final squad, perhaps dropping out due to school pressure - as Scots are quite strict. I heard he was a standout last weekend in U20s so looking forward to see how he goes on the weekend.

Damn, i keep calling him Rudolf. Time to fix that. Did he have Rudolf at some stage in last years player profiles or somewhere??

--EDIT--

Ah hell, nah its his current Souths profile.

So is it Rudolf or Rudolph???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
girvie
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 4591
Location: Killara

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 Rd3 vs Stealers @ Mar Sat 19th Reply with quote

092016 wrote:
girvie wrote:
092016 wrote:
A new starting props pairing also. Jokatama Dokinavalu is not named and Jack Siejka is on the bench. Clay Williams who has played on the bench the last two games starts and Toby Rudolf is a new name to the Bears, he's had a limited time in Souths u20s after switching from Union.

Toby Rudolph was part of the Bears SG Ball train-on squad in 2014 in the same team as John Olive and Jacob McCudden. However he wasn't in the final squad, perhaps dropping out due to school pressure - as Scots are quite strict. I heard he was a standout last weekend in U20s so looking forward to see how he goes on the weekend.

Damn, i keep calling him Rudolf. Time to fix that. Did he have Rudolf at some stage in last years player profiles or somewhere??

--EDIT--

Ah hell, nah its his current Souths profile.

So is it Rudolf or Rudolph???
Oops. Yes looks like it's Rudolf.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Serendipity
Bears Fan
Bears Fan


Joined: 29 Sep 2007
Posts: 953

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 Rd3 vs Stealers @ Mar Sat 19th Reply with quote

girvie wrote:
Oops. Yes looks like it's Rudolf.


Laughing

Rudolph is the Red-nosed Reindeer along with his team Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder & Blitzen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
092016
Full Time Bear
Full Time Bear


Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 113

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: 2016 Rd3 vs Stealers @ Mar Sat 19th Reply with quote

girvie wrote:
Oops. Yes looks like it's Rudolf.

But the Bears teamlist has Rudolph!?!

Which one is correct?!? Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Serendipity
Bears Fan
Bears Fan


Joined: 29 Sep 2007
Posts: 953

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 Rd3 vs Stealers @ Mar Sat 19th Reply with quote

Removed to avoid confusion

Last edited by Serendipity on Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fintan O'Laighin
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park


Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Posts: 3528
Location: Canberra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re- the heading of this post, "Stealers"? What are we trying to say? :-) Anyway, it's not the Steelers, it's the Cutters (as in coal cutters). If it was "Steelers" that would reinforce the idea that it's St George Dragons in the NRL and Illawarra Steelers in the ISP. We already have enough St George fans in denial about the fact their team ceased to exist at the end of 1998 when it took the NRL's money to merge with Illawarra.

I note that St George Illawarra is playing South Sydney on Sunday. Given that WIN Stadium is used by SGI and the Cutters, this is one of those games that could easily have been scheduled as a double/triple header. Next week, North Sydney is playing Mounties at Canberra Stadium, but the NRL game is Canberra v Gold Coast. How much better would it be if it was Canberra v Souths?

Anyway, Steele Sports is covering this weekend's game, from 2PM till 6PM (I assume an each of pre-match and post-match). Tune in at http://steelesports.com.au.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
092016
Full Time Bear
Full Time Bear


Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 113

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan O'Laighin wrote:
Re- the heading of this post, "Stealers"? What are we trying to say? Smile

I'd say it's a misprint/misspelling. OP clearly has no idea what he's on about. Probably best to revoke his forum membership and spare us all from further punishment.

Fintan O'Laighin wrote:
I note that St George Illawarra is playing South Sydney on Sunday. Given that WIN Stadium is used by SGI and the Cutters, this is one of those games that could easily have been scheduled as a double/triple header. Next week, North Sydney is playing Mounties at Canberra Stadium, but the NRL game is Canberra v Gold Coast. How much better would it be if it was Canberra v Souths?

I know, right? This is extremely frustrating/disappointing. For some reason I assume with utmost certainty that it'll just go back to RG games played pre-FG games. So it annoys me but I have some kinda strange contentment that its just a matter of time and will all work out in the end. Though making comments/complaints about it are part of it all coming to fruition.

Fintan O'Laighin wrote:
Anyway, Steele Sports is covering this weekend's game, from 2PM till 6PM (I assume an each of pre-match and post-match). Tune in at http://steelesports.com.au.

Cheers for that. Did not know. Again to have a quick bitch about the main Bears site, it is very poor in reporting broadcast info like this. You'd think that this kinda info would be of the utmost importance given that it provides Bears fans who can't/won't make the game in person a way to "see" the game. You know, that whole possible fan to membership thing and all I hear is important nowadays?? (Sorry, off my box) (I acknowledge that the Bears facebook page does a much better job in terms of getting info out there. However you guys still missed this. Just putting it out there for consideration as to including broadcast info)

Go the Mighty Bears!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fintan O'Laighin
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park


Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Posts: 3528
Location: Canberra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

092016 wrote:
Fintan O'Laighin wrote:
Re- the heading of this post, "Stealers"? What are we trying to say? :-)

I'd say it's a misprint/misspelling. OP clearly has no idea what he's on about. Probably best to revoke his forum membership and spare us all from further punishment.

Yeah, good idea. :-)

Today's Steele Sport coverage of the Bears game is from the team at http://the81stminute.com/coverage: "Catch all the action this Saturday for Round 3 of the Intrust Super Premiership from 2.00pm when Curtis Woodward, Matt French and Luke Potter bring you Illawarra Cutters and North Sydney Bears live on steelesports.com.au!"

Unfortunately I won't be able to catch much of it as I have to leave shortly for something that starts at 4PM. I've been looking for a podcast of the game to listen to later, but can't find one. Not sure if there is one, but if anyone knows where to find it .....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fintan O'Laighin
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park


Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Posts: 3528
Location: Canberra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The commentary keeps dropping in and out on my computer, but it cut back in just as they said an early try to Ed Murphy of the Bears. Levido converted. 6-nil after five minutes, and just as I have to leave. The NS Bears Twitter feed is at https://twitter.com/NthSydneyBears. The team sheet is at https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd4Y_aGUkAAX_TA.jpg

.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
girvie
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 4591
Location: Killara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears led 18-0 at halftime, and maintain the same scoreline with 25 minutes to go.

Tries to Murphy, Tasi and Hughes so far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
girvie
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod


Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 4591
Location: Killara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears score again through Tom Hughes for his second. Eli Levido converts.

Cutters hit back and the score is 24-4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: Upcoming Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
nsb Theme © Mightybears