Chops Lambkin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bearhead
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Chops Lambkin Reply with quote

Not too sure if many people know, but Wayne 'Chops' Lambkin - I think an 8 or 9 season coach of the Bears, has taken Manly from 8th spot on the ladder into the GF tomorrow.

Of course it is impossible to cheer a Manly side, so I guess if Manly happen to win, we can at least see some sort of silver lining.

By all reports Chops has done a magnificent job down at Manly.

Top fella who did a great job for Norths often with one hand tied behind his back.
Fintan O'Laighin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bearhead. I had seen that the U20s grand final was Manly v Parramatta, but I didn't know that Lambkin was Manly's coach. He was great at the Bears, I like the way he'd take time to talk to the supporters. He was caught up in the "politics" (for want of a better word) of trying to coach a team and having to accommodate the demands of Souths, including players becoming unavailable at the last minute.

Talking of politics, I note a lot of politicians are saying that politics and sport don't mix, that doesn't stop them accepting free tickets to the grand final.
girvie
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manly ended up winning in the final minute.

Michael Pobjie was also assistant coach.
Bears4Life
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Chops and Pobjie. Glad they got to experience a Grand Final win.

Chops was great to the Bears fans, always willing to have a chat with us after the games.

This is something which Ben never really did with us in two and half years. Hopefully the new Bears coach would allocate some time with us in 2018.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: