it seems we got a knockback re the GC Bears

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnbhs
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: it seems we got a knockback re the GC Bears Reply with quote

Comrades, the NRL has screwed us again. Can i suggest we contact the NRL and outline our frustration by explaining why we were the best bid, primarily because we can bring back to the games many many thousand disaffected fans and we have the $ and the smarts that the GC has demonstrated they don't have.

https://www.nrl.com/about/nrlhq/contactus/tabid/10928/default.aspx
northern bear
Grizzly Bear
Grizzly Bear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CNBHS,

I see you have only 40 views and no replies. I was going to put that down to the Bears fans apathy. But on reflection, it is probably frustration.

The NRL has never wanted the Bears since the Super League. Probably because we stayed loyal.

We offered them a chance to make the Gold Coast work, but again it looks like they will be going along with a local mob as the have since the late 80's.

Another Hayne / Henry fiasco will be on the cards again. Probably another bail out as well. It would only have worked up there with a solid FOOTY club running the show, but alas the decision looks like a NO.

Great financial reasoning made by a mob that get billion dollar TV rights deals and yet some short time later have to borrow to pay the clubs.

Doesn't seem I will see you at the Caxton, perhaps the Dickson Hotel, when we play Mounties one time. Don't worry I'll be writing for an explanation.
BLOB
Full Time Bear
Full Time Bear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: IS THE THE SOP TO ASSUAGE SUPPORTRS FOR THE DISAPPOINTMENT? Reply with quote

The North Sydney Bears are pleased to announce an exclusive Pathways Partnership with the Asquith Magpies, for seasons 2018 and 2019.

The clubs have agreed to work together in developing and placing players, creating a complete pathway for any North Sydney Junior League player who aspires to reach the NRL with the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

The Magpies have returned to the NSWRL Ron Massey competition, and will be exclusively fielding Bears NSW Intrust Super Premiership players alongside their own roster. The relationship will also integrate the Magpies Sydney Shield and u/19’s teams with the Bears Jersey Flegg side, and all coaches will work closely together to ensure optimal performance at all times.

Bears General Manager, Greg Florimo, said the arrangement was exactly what the North Sydney Rugby League community needed. “This is a perfect fit for the Bears and the North Sydney Junior League. Our aim is to help increase interest and participation in the upper north shore of Sydney, as well as ensure a professional and exciting Rugby League program is in place”.

“The Asquith Magpies have always been a strong force in the North Sydney Junior League and are well positioned to continue that force. We hope that this partnership assists not only the Magpies but all of the North Sydney District,” Mr Florimo said.

President of Asquith Magpies, Brian Fulmer, says the partnership is important for the long-term future of their players.

“In what will be our 66th consecutive year in the North Sydney Junior League, we are very excited to be entering an exclusive partnership with the Bears for the next two years that will provide a real pathway for our players in Massey, Shield and 19s to play a higher level of rugby league with the Bears or the Rabbitohs,”Mr Fulmer said.

“In addition to this support the Magpies will be further engaged through a major sponsorship of the Bears and our Magpies Waitara club, of which the brand and logo will be placed on a variety of the playing apparel.”
Bears4Life
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have to wonder whether the finances for the Gold Coast Bears stacked up.

We can't believe everything the newspapers say. But they suggest it that was Norths Leagues fault for baulking at the $7 million buyout. If our bid was relied on Norths Leagues funding, then our bid was doomed to fail, as the Leagues Club cannot make any significant contribution, due to the $18 million debt which it carries (the bank could never allow the Leagues Club to bankroll the Gold Coast Bears).

I'd like to know what happened with Harry Cheung and Peter Wiggs. They were the individuals with the money. Did they walk away when the cheques needed to be signed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: