"Western Bears" Expansion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northy
Junior Bear
Junior Bear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: "Western Bears" Expansion Reply with quote

Regarding news that Norths are looking to gain re-entry into the NRL via Western Australia: I'm a lifetime, life-long North Sydney Bears supporter. I cannot and will not support an NRL entity that wears our beloved colours and emblem and is based outside North Sydney and the Central Coast. We are prostituting our heritage, our traditions to the NRL. How dare Lopez state "We have supportive people on the Eastern seaboard and 250 000 Bears fans [who] are ready to get on board." I am not one of them. Please do not include me as being complicit in this scheme. We come back as the North Sydney Bears or the Central Coast Bears. Also, I know that Greg Florimo is an all-time club legend, however, I am upset that he appears to be more interested in Norths returning by any means without respecting the wishes of the fans. I greeted news of the collapse of the Gold Coast venture with a sigh of relief, but am now confronted by this nightmare. Also, playing a "token" game or two at Bear Park and the Central Coast is a desperate attempt to appease Norths supporters on the east coast while at the same time an attempt to appeal to Norths' heritage and traditions. You know that the Central coast bid is dead and buried when the club's hierarchy start talking about "rebranding" and "relocating". If this bid goes ahead and is successful, then that's it for me. No more footy and the end to a lifetime of supporting the North Sydney Bears. Read any of my posts and you can tell how much I love our club. This sort of news hurts me deeply. It means that the decision to go regional all those years ago and the subsequent financial disasters that occurred as a result which ultimately sealed our fate in the NRL were all for nothing. Please, Greg, you wore your heart on your sleeve when you played and poured out buckets of blood, sweat and tears on Bear Park. Don't sell out the club's colours, emblem, traditions, heritage and the many fans who have remained loyal in these dark times. You do not have that right. We (that is the North Sydney Bears) are not a "commodity" or a "brand" or a "product" that you can purchase at a supermarket or sell at an auction or marketplace. Our club consists of a triad - players, supporters and officials (insert sponsorship here) working together. Right now the fans are vocal but the officials aren't listening - again! Maybe it's time for a SOB (Save Our Bears) Rally in which we, the fans, march on North Sydney Bears HQ or hold a mass rally at Bear Park!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: