LET'S SUPPORT THE WOMEN'S TEAM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northy
Junior Bear
Junior Bear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: LET'S SUPPORT THE WOMEN'S TEAM Reply with quote

In all of these conversations about the future of the North Sydney Bears we have overlooked an aspect of the rugby league club that is equally as important: the WOMEN'S TEAM. I don't care about the gender of the players, this is all about the North Sydney Bears. We need to support the women as much as the men. It will be fantastic when we win the grand final this year in both the men's and women's. With a successful women's team, it will strengthen our case for inclusion in the inaugural Women's NRL competition. The flow on result of this is that if we can demonstrate that we can run a successful women's team, then it will support our claim for re-admission into the men's NRL. I see the women's team as being crucial in that with our support and their success we can field two teams in the NRL competition. All the conversations have been focused on the fate/future of the men's team; however, what if the women's team actually hold the key to the club's long-term future in both men's and women's? I have some suggestions regarding mottoes for the club's two NSW Cup teams: (1) TWO TEAMS, ONE LOVE - THE MIGHTY BEARS (2) TWO TEAMS, ONE HEART - WE BEAT AS ONE; (3) Or have a picture of two hearts with the slogan WE BEAT AS ONE; (4) TWO TEAMS – ONE DREAM: NORTH SYDNEY BEARS FOR PREMIERS. Here's an image I've quickly put together as a starting point not only for the conversation, but also to encourage people to submit more works of art promoting the women's game and the unity/common goal of both the men's and women's game. So let's get out there and support both men and women. This is our club so STAND ASIDE! HERE COME THE MIGHTY SOW BEARS!!! (Yes, a female bear is called a sow).
siv
Grizzly Bear
Grizzly Bear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears should apply for NRL Womens team licence
Fintan O'Laighin
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any North Sydney women's team should be called the Bears. It's the generic term. Male bears are called boars.

In any event, it's usual for women's teams to have the same nickname as the men's teams, e.g. the Brisbane Lions play in the women's AFL, not the Lionesses.
Moonbear
Grizzly Bear
Grizzly Bear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with many others I went along last Sunday to the first home game for our womens team. It was a fantastic afternoon and I was also really impressed with the effort the club had gone to to make it a special occasion.
Credit to all the ISP and JF players who attended the function and took to the field at the beginning of the match to form a tunnel etc. Also the Matts and SG Ball guys who'd stuck around. This mutual support between boars and sows can only strengthen the club and it was great to see a good turnout from the leagues club board too.
This weekend's triple header should be great. Can't wait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: