Bears link with Easts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Tamworth Bear
Grizzly Bear
Grizzly Bear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Bears link with Easts? Reply with quote

I'm hearing whispers that the link with Roosters is a done deal and JT to coach us? Anyone got mail on this? I for one will celebrate and would love one of our favorite sons back at helm instead of a Souths puppet🐻🐻🐻
Full Time Bear
Full Time Bear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear thats how your experience with Souths has been TamworthBear. I've only followed footy for a short time and during that time Bears were always part of my experience from the start.

Do you think being a feeder club to another nrl club will be any less "puppet-like"? I understand there's a connection with Taylor but would he carry enough weight to make it any different? Has being Souths feeder been a more negative than positive experience? Bears have been feeders to other clubs so in comparison was it bad with Souths?

I must admit as a Souths follower I will be happy if we do get our own RG and u20s squads plus I have really enjoyed watching games at Redfern Oval. That said North Sydney Oval is a close 2nd and I will always have fond memories. Its a beautiful oval however I've never liked the circular ovals as much and the grandstand in Redfern Park is so close to the action.

Whilst the interaction here on this forum has been minimal (especially this year, its practically dead) I'd like to say cheers for having me here and that if we do part ways that I'll always have a soft spot for the Mighty Bears and I hope that you get re-instated into FG and you do really well (just not against Souths).

Stand Aside!

(and know that at least one Souths member has fond memories and hopes theres no hard feelings)
The Tamworth Bear
Grizzly Bear
Grizzly Bear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mate certainly no hard feelings, we have had some great seasons with Souths....I will never forget the year the great D Peachey starred on our run to the Grand Final.

I just feel the relationship has soured a little in recent years and it's time we moved on, and excuse my exuberance I just have always been a JT fan and would love him to be back as a Bear.

I miss the activity on this site also, but you are certainly always welcome here and appreciate your contributions and kind Bear words.

Good luck to the Bunnies in this years finals, hopefully the Mightys can sneak into the 8 also and we can cheer each other on. PrayD>
Full Time Bear
Full Time Bear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers TB.

Seems the Bears have bombed out of the 2018 season unfortunately. The feeder club Asquith will make the finals in both Ron Massey Cup and Sydney Shield. Some Bears players from both the ISP and Flegg sides have played in those teams so for Bears fans starved of finals footy it may be worth a shot checking out their finals games.

Thanks for the well wishes for the Bunnies. I'm not all that confident how we'll go but there's always a chance.
Full Time Bear
Full Time Bear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was discussing on another site what happens to the players when clubs split or merge in feeder arrangements.

I wonder what happens if Bears to go to easts from Souths?

Obviously the nrl club keeps its 30+6 players but what about the rest? The Wyong Roos players vs Norths players in ISP. More so Bears Flegg vs easts Flegg. A void appears also at Souths ISP and Flegg.

Do player contracts become null and void when this happens? There must be some protection for the players in a circumstance like this? Some players mustve had contracts signed beyond next year surely?
The Tamworth Bear
Grizzly Bear
Grizzly Bear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's official!! 5 year deal with our foundation brother the Roosters! And welcome home JT! Get excited Bears!! 🐻🐻🐻
girvie
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positive news and if done well then we should have more success next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: